Sunday, March 8, 2009

Homeschool Ramblings

I am SO excited to start fresh with homeschool this week. Kids have been asking for it for a while now. Fresh starts are so wonderful. D.J. and Megs are home and will join us for our studies. We are more than 1/2 way done with our health book! I took time to plasn and make copies for the whole week. Hoping it goes smooth. My parents are spending the night on Wed...kids are excited!! We were able to have dinner with Drew's parents tonight ((here in our new house)). Megs didn't understand that they live only 45 minutes away. She was nearly in tears when they left. It may be a while before they "get it" that family is close by now. Church was really good today. Got to see some friends! I also thought about friends in Iowa...missing you very much too. I promised myself I would be more sociable here in Oregon. I have 2 playdates scheduled for this week. ONe friend coming here on Tues. and we are going to our Cousins on Saturday afrernoon. Lots of kids and family. My cousins' Rex and Anita only live about 15 minutes drive from here...on a cool farm. We are SO happy to have family near by. Also they are homeschoolers too. Well, I should go cause it's getting late :-) Will try to post pics soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you made it to your new home okay and are enjoying being close to family! Missed seeing you at church yesterday, hard to believe that you are gone from this area.