Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Update

Okay....so it's been a few weeks since the last post. We have had loads of Dr. appts and school work though. It feels great to have accomplished so much! Only 1 Dr. appt on the calendar for this week! I have found great therapy working outside in the yard. The sun has been coming out in between bouts of rain, hail, and snow. Despite the unusual weather for the Valley, there are blossoms! I'm afraid my peas are rotting in the muddy soil. I plan to make some jam from the left over frozen berries from last year. Drew teaches tonight so I will work on appliqueing some daisies on the top of my sister in-law's quilt. The nights he is gone teaching are now my craft night (unless I am too tired from kids). The kids loved the ribbon wands for singing time yesterday. We also practiced "Our Primary Colors" with some fun visuals. Homeschool is going fairly well. DJ is writing a speech about George Washington and is also working on a big Social Studies Portfolio. The other 2 kids are breezing through their work with an overall 96% and 97% grade average. I love the connections academy curriculum! I have loads of laundry, dishes, and bathrooms to clean....Mondays are a big clean up day from the craziness of the weekend. Oh..and our foster kiddo is staying at least another 90 days. He is so cute, however, permanency would be best. That's all for now folks!

No comments: