Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sleep Study

Some of you have been wondering why I would need a sleep study done. Is it snoring, sleep apnea, or am I desperate to get some "me time". Well, I have to admit I really enjoyed being tucked in by the nurse. She was so nice. We are ruling out apnea, I don't snore...Drew doesn't know since I'm left trying to fall asleep...he falls asleep 30 secs after his head hits the pillow. I'm tired a lot! Jeesh...could it possibly be the 5 small kids thing?? I don't know. I have been on Ambien for some time and my doc wanted a sleep study done to rule some things out.
It was slippery freezing rain to get there. They hooked many wired to my head, legs, back, and shoulders ((many, many wires)). I went to lay down...it was strange knowing someone was watching me sleep and listening to me. Crazy! I thought I would just go right to sleep...but it was the usual 1-2 hours thing. Once I fell asleep I had some very strange dreams...
1. The wires became living beings and tried to attack me...so I yelled for the nurse to save me ((she told me just to call out loud for her should I need anything at all))
2. From there I ran around the hospital searching for my nurse and threatening to sue the hospital since she wasn't there to save me.
3. Then I took hostages
4. Somehow I teleported to the hospital nursery where I was being asked which baby I wanted to adopt...this one or that one, or both. My heart was melting as I looked at the beautiful babies who needed a family
5. then I teleported to a bench somewhere...and Erin Kelly was sitting there and telling me how awesome it is to adopt babies ((she is so sweet))
6. Then I was back in the nursery trying to decided what to do when hospital security came and told me the nursery was for authorized personel only.
7. Just then I was in Meg and D.J.s art class trying to pick up their work and talk with their teacher.

That is all I remember. I was awake at 4am to go to the bathroom. It was then I wish I was dreaming when I saw what I looked like in all those wires...
At am the nurse woke me up and started taking patches off various places ((ouch))! Then I ventured home on slippery roads in the cold..only to realize I was locked out of the house. Dang! So, I called Drew's cell...voice mail. Called home...voice mail..dang! Then I saw Cali ((our super dog)). She must have had a sense I was home. She raced down the stairs and barked until Drew woke up to let me in. I spent the rest of today in a fog...tired from my dreamland adventures. I must wait now 2 weeks for the results.

No comments: