Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yummy Recipe!

We have been BLESSED big time through fasting and prayer! Drew will be precepting with Dr. David Milroy in Hubbard/Salem, Oregon. He is a DC as well as a ND. Some of you remember when I lost a ton of weight?? I was working with this doctor. He was the guy who suggested a very low carb diet for me. I've been very bad and gained everything back over the past 1.5 years, but since Drew will be working with him we both decided to be good over the next 6 months. I''ve got a good start having lost 6 pounds in 3 days. It does come off quickly, but once you start eating "simple" carbs/sugars again it comes back just as fast. It has also been proven that the low carb diet has helped thousands of women who struggle with PCOS to gain their fertility back. Most of you all know that I have this disease. It's near impossible to lose weight or get pregnant with it. Anywho....the recipe I found is for Chocolate peanut butter cups:
1 unsweetended chocolate square (melted 35-45 seconds)
1 stick butter (melted and then mix w/ choc.)
6 splenda packets
2-3 tablespoons peanutbutter
Mix it all together and pour into 5 foil lined cupcake papers...then freeze!
YUM!!! 5 carbs per cup.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! for finding out what's going on in life! It must feel so nice to have that settled! Good luck with the weightloss. Definitely working on that one, but I keep sabotaging myself...

Dan's Wife said...

Glad to hear that the preceptor situation worked out for you guys! :)

Questions for you: What does this doc say about the low carb diet once you're pregnant? How does it change?

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, I'll have to try it. I'm adding you to my list of blogs I follow. I look forward to keeping in touch with you and your family.