Monday, February 4, 2008

Ramblings

I am so excited to finally be in February. This time next year we will be headed back to Oregon. I am so looking forward to getting home. Maybe we can actually start the 1st day of the rest of our lives then. Does anyone else feel like they are on the Palmer treadmill? It goes and goes, but we are still stuck in Davenport. This has been one wild experience though. We have changed a lot over the past 4-5 years. I'm sure there are aspects of student life that will be missed. There is however, something strange about spending money on bills and things that really has to be paid back later. Yikes! It will be nice to make real money and use it instead of loans. Well, the ISaksen household has been dealing with the winter sickies. It's been a few weeks now and I think everyone but me has had their turn. I have felt like yuck, but not as bad as anyone else. It's hard to believe Joe will be 1. I have enjoyed watching him grow. Seth is also growing so much and jabbering away. He is so adoreable. He is also more spoiled than the older kids. I am finding out he doesn't like to listen or follow us. I know some of this is age, but I remember the other kids doing better at this when they were his age. Well, kids are playing playdough and about done. I am cringing at the thought of loading them all up to head out to Palmer for adjustments (especially in this weather). So there you have it....more daily ramblings from the ISaksen house (I'm sure no one finds really interesting or life altering). However, I plan to post something useful in the next few days. I will be posting my behavior and chore charts and tell you all how we operate them. I couldn't find one in the stores that would go along with the #of children I have, the chores I want them to do, and the way I wanted them to monitor their own behaviors. Anyway, it will be a post worth something more than my usual ramblings...

2 comments:

Debra said...

I totally know how you feel. We lived in limbo for 9 yrs of our marriage. We were never settled anywhere, even when we had a house. We know we are settled now and it is SO refreshing!!!! I just feel like I can start making lasting friendships in the community and not just in church anymore. I can plan things out like kids activities and parties and future plans. I am so excited for you!!!! It will be great to feel "home" and to be at home.

I COMPLETELY understand the 2 yr old thing. I am NOT looking forward to it for the twins to go through. It was SUPER hard with Joseph and Emma... Olivia was a breeze. But if the twins are only going to get worse.. I am IN for it.

Michelle said...

Ah yes, however, you have had loads of experience now with 2 yr olds. You'll do great!