Monday, February 6, 2012

Flowers, Yay!

I LOVE flowers. I've never been into planting them though. We have been super blessed with some spring like weather...sunny, no rain....for a week or so. Drew, the kids, and I all worked in the yard this weekend. We mowed, raked, weeded, and had a bbq outside. It was a wonderful weekend with just our own little family. I think the kids enjoyed the fresh air as well. So, today I got brave and purchased some hardy plants for the planters in front of the house. I got some primrose, pansies, and another that I can't remember the name of. The kids enjoyed digging in the dirt too. We also got ALL of our homeschool done for the day as well. I can't believe it, but we also went to the park for a while. I made simple tuna sandwiches for dinner and tossed some cookies in the oven. I am happy for good days around here. D earned some computer time as well....he had a great day! To top it off, we are trying out a new foster/adoption support group tonight. The kids will have their own activities and fun while the parents connect with other families. We'll see if it's worth a drive to Salem and being out late. D has an appointment with a new psychotherapist this Wednesday as well. I hope it will be a good move on our part. That's it for now :p

No comments: