Friday, March 14, 2008

Our Piano Has a New Family

I'm so glad I posted the piano becuase now it is going to a nice new home. You snooze you lose :-). I am a little sad to see it go because music brings such a nice feeling to the home. I have used the piano a great deal for our daily homeschool. We usually start off with a few songs. The kids have grown to love singing. D.J. now asks if he can sing the songs by himself...he insists everyone else be quiet and listen to him. I am glad they love music. Anyway, as we prepare to get our house ready for sale...we need to simplify a bit. We decided we didn't want to move accross the country with all of this stuff. I'm quite the fan of used items (especially now that we have 5 munchkins). Kids can be hard on furniture and thigs. I do like to fing good quality/prices and feel like we got a great deal though. I'm sure we'll be able to replace a lot when we move home. Drew and I are getting ready for our trip home in June for 2 weeks. We will decide where we will be living, precepting, and working. So, if anyone is brave enough to take 1 kid (except Joe will travel with us)for 1 or both of the weeks, please let me know. We need to find safe and loving places for the older 4 kids...it is TOOOOO expensive to take them along to Oregon. Last summer it cost 2,500 closer to 3,000 by the end of it and we are still paying for that trip. If anyone is inclined for the extra blessings we would be grateful. I'm getting ready to take Joe to the park to play with Lily :-)

2 comments:

Debra said...

FUn!!! You are almost home!!! I know how excited you are. I am so happy for you!!! I will miss you though.

I hope you find someone to take the kids. I would offer, but I do not have any room in my van for anymore kiddos.

Michelle said...

I'm sure we'll get it figured out...and I know you have your hands full with your own crew. Thanks though!