Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Ouchie and the Zoo

Last Sunday turned out to be extremely eventful! We were getting ready to do senior primary singing time when Sister Kelley brought Seth to us with a bloody hand. He had gotten his fingers slammed in the door in nursery. Thanks to Cymblata, I seemed to handle this fairly well. We ran his little fingers under cold water and made the decision to take him to the ER. While we were waiting our turn an 18 yr old guy came running in having been shot in the back. This was scary to watch as all of his friends and family waited in the waiting area...sobbing and worried. I wanted to reach out to them, but didn't know how. Seth was in a daze and shock due to his own pain and I don't think he was affected by the chaos. He broke to fingers and lacerated one of them badly. They gave him morophine which made him extra silly and cute. After a while the doc decided to stitch it up himself. Seth was great except when the gave him 5 or 6 shots around his hand. Sis. Kelley and Devoht brought him balloons, brownies, and a new teddy. He runs through the house with his batch of balloons while the other kids run behind him. Joe was amazed by the bright colors and ran while looking up and smiling. We also went to the zoo this week. The kids enjoyed the fresh air, the picnic, and the animals. I enjoyed having Amanda there to help. Despite Seth's 3 potty accidents and some delays in getting to the zoo it went well. The kids slept well that night. They loved the train ride (which I usually don't do because of the extra $$$$$ for 6 of us). I read a great book this week called "Hind's Feet in High Places". It's an allegory and a very good story about falling in love with the Savior. Seth also had fun going back and forth to the Doc's office with me this week. Monday after they bandaged up his fingers with a new dressing we went out for ice cream. He ate up the individual attention and I enjoyed time with him just as much!


It's been a while since I have posted to this blog. The week has been CRAZY!



3 comments:

Mummy said...

So glad yall had fun at the zoo! Seth looks like he is doing well with his bandaged arm! Man, that's a huge bandage! See yall Sunday!

Emily said...

I am glad to see that Seth is doing better. I can't believe how big all the kids are getting. I miss you all!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

poor little guy, i'm glad he's such a strong little man! I love the picture of you guys on the hippo!