Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Thoughts on American Idol and Steroid Injections

Hello everyone! Well, I've been thinking about American Idol. I am sorry to say that it just doesn't get me as excited as it used to. I have become a little bored of it. Honestly, I have been enjoying "So you think you can Dance" more. Am I getting older and thus more preoccupied with my own life to be vested in American Idol like I used too? Or, is the show just getting old since it's in it's 7th season. Usually by now I have also pinned down my favorite. This year I am torn between 4 or 5 different performers. Every week I have a new favorite. Hmmmm. Well, I was able to go through my scrapbooking junk and get most of it packed away for the move. Beleive me....I only have a few precious hours a week to devote to moving preperations. The kids take SO much time and effort plus taking care of Drew and school as well. Has anyone had steroid injections for pain control? My Chiro strongly suggests this for me so that I can be out of pain. My husband's worry is that I will do more damage to the area since I'll be more active and feeling good with no pain. Anyone have an opinion on this? The prospect of being virtually pain free excites me. I'm sure everyone I know is sick of hearing me complain about it. If I got the injections I promised Drew that I would limit myself to a 30-40 minute daily walk as well as water aerobics and core strengthening exercises. Additionally I would like to be more active with my household responsibilities. I admit, my standards have shifted a bit to compensate for my pain levels. I'm seriously debating. Watch out people, friends, and neighbors....if you thought I was cheerful and bubbly before...just wait till you see what kind of happiness and energy will flow when I am pain free. Back pain has been holding me down for about 2 solid years now. It's had a bad effect on my personality, positivity, and mood. The pain is loud and hard to drown out so that I can enjoy life. Anyone who hasn't been able to put there socks or pants on, get out of bed in a five minute time period, bend over to get clothes out of the dryer, bend over to pick up children, toys, and fallen binks (while holding a child) knows what I mean. It's a bitch...pardon my french. I'll just say I'm seriously looking into it. Well, gotta log onto my online classes and post to the discussion boards...cheers all!

1 comment:

Mummy said...

My dh has had the injections. They worked once for a few months, and then all the subsequent shots did not. However, I have heard a lot of folks say that they do work for them. I hope you find something to make you pain-free. He is still looking (4 years now). Good luck! btw, loving your old piano! Thank you!!