Sunday, April 20, 2008

What's a Blog For?

What's a blog really for? I suppose it could be for fun...sharing pictures, FUN stories, upcoming events, and exciting news. Some of you may have noticed that I just wiped out like 5 or 6 recent posts. I must make a public apology for using my blog to vent my frustrations and let my negativity shine through rather than just the good news or fun stuff. Now I'm a little embarrassed since I obviously exposed my imperfections and shortcomings as an over critical and stressed out mother who(according to one of my readers) may be doing more damage than good for her already damaged children. Don't worry, though, I'll be sure to blame myself if they don't turn out to be upstanding citizens. Okay, so that was a little bite back to you for being so brave as to leave such a comment. A phone call would have been better, perhaps, however, on the brighter side, I have learned my lesson and will now moderate all comments before allowing them to be posted. Furthermore, I will try really, really, hard to paint a good picture of myself with my words, pictures, etc. I'm sure everyone will be more comfortable then.
Phew, now that all that is out of the way...I am looking forward to a great week! We are trying out a new daily schedule which includes lots of flexibility. Drew will get to give a few of the kids their 1st official adjustment by their dad. I'll post pics of the proud moment. Singing time went pretty good. Was it just me or was it hot in the church today? That time of year is coming. DJ lost another tooth the other day and was thrilled. Since dad was gone over the weekend, I treated the older 3 kids to their first big screen movie...Secret of Nim. They did awesome and loved it. After that movie I had some quick mental pictures of our family living in trees run through my mind. After a while I decided civilization has it's strong points too.

2 comments:

Mummy said...

I dunno what the blog is for. I use my blog just because I think people get tired of hearing me "honk honk honk wonk wonk yakkity yak" all the time. So where I used to would call someone and just go on and on, now I just type. And I type. And I type some more.
So I am sorry someone offended you! Shame!

Dan's Wife said...

wow.. if I couldn't vent on my blog, I don't know what I'd do. It is where I let everything hang out - the good, the bad and the very ugly. {{{hugs}}} to you.