Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring is Here!

YEs, in deeed, spring has finally landed in Davenport, IA. Today, Drew is building planter boxes for the garden. The kids are so very excited to begin planting, watering, and picking. This will be awesome. This year they are finally old enough to understand the process. This really goes along well with our gardening theme unit. So far we have visited the botanical garden, made maps of our gardens, given class presentations, made a mural, planted marigolds, studied the life cycle of plants, played computer games about gardening, and read library books on the subject. We will still spend several more weeks aroud the subject. I was able to finish two jumper dresses yesterday in between moderating children's sibling rivalry, meals, baths, etc. I would say that was a pretty amazing feat. So for todays scripture(s) are taken from Psalm 25
IN you, Lord my God, I put my trust. I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. NO one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come to those who are treacherous without cause. Show me your ways oh Lord, teach me your paths, Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all the day long.

No comments: