Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hello World

Or shall I say the VERY small, but special portion of the world who actually reads this blog :-). It's been a crazy busy weekend, so I am just now getting to blogging. Our wonderful neighbors gave me the best b-day gift ever (besides their wonderful friendship)...they brought over breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert on Saturday. I was ssoooo happy not to cook and enjoyed all the yummy food too. Sunday was the first open house since our house is now on the market. Unfortunately we found out that everyone who was going to come look took one look at the front yard and drove off. So, Drew has his work cut out for him and the pressure is really on. I'm trying not to freak out and enjoy each day as it comes....wether we sell the house or not....wether we get to move in Feb. or not?/? Hard to do...however, I believe it will all soon be a distant memory as was promised to me in a recent blessing. Additionally, Drew is preparing to leave for Africa in about 3 weeks. He will be gone for two weeks and then home for 1 day and gone again for an additional 3 days for an Activator seminar. He must go since his job is working with an Activator doc. As you can see on the right hand side of my log I've started a log of foods I am eating on my new diet. My neighbor is also following the diet, so I thought it might be helpful to see how I am making it work. It's a crazy thing, but this o'l body of mine is carb sensitive which is tossing proper hormone function out the window. I have come to a final conclusion that for the benefit of my health and my family...I need to eat this way. This last year (where I haven't been avoiding any carbs) has been such a struggle physically...which lead to emotinal unhappiness as well. I know my kids deserve a healthy, active mom...I also know in the depths of my heart that there are yet more children to join our family. I MUST start taking affirmative action by eating properly. It's a difficult way to eat at first, but gets easier with time. I know the Lord will be here for me as He always has been to give me the strength to hang in there with it. In the past on the diet I have lost a ton of weight, had more energy, and saw the return of proper hormone function. Well...it's nap time here at the Isaksen house. Chores are done, kids had a blast riding bikes at the path, had a good lunch too. This is my favorite kind of weather..."brisky/sunny".

2 comments:

Beth Loftin said...

Hang in there on that diet! So far I haven’t had any problems, and hopefully it stays that way! We just need to stick together when we are at our weakest! Just remember to call me when you think you need to eat something because I guarantee you I will be calling when that bag of chips starts whispering “sweet nothings” in my ear!

Nice pictures too! The boys look soooo cute and the family picture is just wonderful!

Mummy said...

I have an award for you over at my blog!