Monday, January 28, 2008

Daily Ramblings

One of the many benefits of homeschooling your little ones is that you can have as many sick days as you need. When I had 3 kids in pre-school it seemed like I was calling the school at least once or twice a week due to dr. appt, sick kid, counseling, etc. Large families tend to pass around the sickness for up to a month (sometimes). D.J. and Megan are both still sick with a pretty nasty cough. At home they can lie around for a while and practice phonics in their books for a while. They can continue learning at home.

Singing time went well yesterday. I'm sure the older kids were pretty bored with their activity; however; it was good to calm them down a bit. We were small in number yesterday for Primary.
Next week we will be learning "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus". Please practice with your little ones. The Juniors will fish again (they seemed to enjoy it) and the older kids will do some sequencing with pictures & words.

I feel sorry for anyone who missed Brother & Sister Perkin's talks yesterday. They talked a bit about measuring your spirituality by 2 things. #1: What do you think about during the sacrament & #2: How do you observe the Sabbath. Great talks! I enjoyed the delivery as well as the content. In the spirit of "not being too hard on myself" (which is a chronic flaw of mine) I seriously fall below where I wish I could be. There is something about trying to keep 5 little kids settled during the sacrament that just disturbs my thought process about the Savior. By the time we get home there is quite a bit of work to do. Kids to undress, change diapers, feed meals, etc. It's work. There has to be a balance somewhere. I know though that Heavenly Father understands where I'm at right now. He doesn't expect me to dive into serious study of the scriptures. I am paying the price for not doing those things though. Seriously...........nonspiritual is how I would describe myself. Taking a shower by myself these days is a goal.

This week will be a busy one. I'm almost done with Megan's Easter dress. All that I would like to do for their outfits now is find a cute hat and purse. I have extra ribbon from their dresses that I could sew or glue onto their accessories. The boys will just have matching polos and I would like to fit into a certain dress that I haven't been able to wear forever. I'm making a few casseroles today, heading to Palmer for an adjustment, and taking care of sick kids. Oh yes...also still looking for a mother's helper (preferably someone who will not have --- in my house!
Cheers!

2 comments:

Mummy said...

Don't beat yourself up. I think "measuring one's spirituality" is just a guilt trap. There is no way one can measure up to where they think they should be. That is why there was an atonement! xox!

Michelle said...

selah!