Sunday, January 20, 2008

Singing time & looking for a new nanny

So I am sitting here thinking about how singing time will be for today. To be honest I think it took me until Wednesday of last week to recover from last Sunday's singing time experience. There were just too many kids...the older kids were being disrespectful and not making things any easier. They are splitting into a jr. and Sr. group this week. Hopefully this will make it better...even though that's twice the amount of time for me to do the job.
Jr. Primary: Bean bag toss. I have laminated 8 black music notes. I will write the song number on the back of the notes. The kids will take turns tossing the bean bags onto the notes. We will also practice the monthly song.
SR. Primary: We will start by working on the monthly song. I plan to teach the older girls the descant part. Then we will divide them into 2 teams. Boys Vs. Girls. They will take turns playing musical chairs. While one group sings/stops the other will play musical chairs. Hopefully they will think it's fun.

So..now we are in search of another mother's helper for our family. If any of you know of anyone...please leave a comment or get ahold of me. This person could be live-in or live-out. The salary remains at $200.00 per week plus room and board. If it is a live-out person the hours would be M-F 12-6 or 7pm...live-in hours are more flexible.

Now it is time to get back to preparing the singing time activities. Until next time....Oh wait...Drew and I went to see the "Bucket List" yesterday. It was a feel good movie, but if you are a sap be sure to have tissues with you and don't wear eyeliner (or guyliner for that matter). Anyone catch the American Idol auditions last week? Some freak wore eyeliner and kept referring to it as "guyliner".

1 comment:

the sheldons said...

Guyliner?!?!?! Wow, people are freaks. I'm going to take my family and move into the amazon where there is no tv or electricity. We'll live a nice little sheltered life there.