Sunday, January 13, 2008

Primary Today



Hello all! So Primary is like HUGE! Did I mention that last week. Oh my. Next week they are splitting it into two groups. I'll have to do singing time 2x, but after today's experience I would rather do it 2x with smaller groups. There were like 50 kids in there. If there weren't 50, it seemed like there were that many. We did a "clues" activity. I grabbed several items from around the house. As they pulled the items out of the bag they guessed what song went with the item. Our family picture stood for "Families can be Together Forever", door hinges was for the song "Hinges". I thought it was a fun idea, but the room was so chaotic that it was way too challenging to keep their attention. I also got a good start on one of the girls dresses for Easter. I'm using a Butterick pattern. If you ask me, this pattern is a lot easier to understand than the Simplicity dresses I made for Christmas. I should go. I need to get dinner on the table.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

Man...I totally agree primary is just crazy. We enjoy classtime so much, but when we go in with everyone it is just so hard to keep the kids in control. I am glad that they are splitting it into two groups. I hope it helps, but I feel bad you have to do things twice. You do a great job!!!!

Sara said...

Michelle-
I added a link to your site on ours. I hope that's okay! :)

Debra said...

I heard it was insanely crazy!! And you could tell by the look on all the adults faces! LOL!!! Hope this next week goes better! The Sunbeams will get it after a few... ok.. SEVERAL weeks! LOL If Joseph acts up feel free to come get us!