Saturday, January 5, 2008

Singing Time This Week

This is really for any of you out there with the singing time calling. This is my "job" for church each Sunday. I thought I would post each week what the idea is. Some of my ideas I get from LDS websites like the 'Idea Door". Most of the time I adapt it just a bit to fit what we are doing. This week we will be "Singing the Raindrops Away". It will be the new Sunbeams first official day in Primary. I have made a sun, cloud, and raindrops. The plan is to start singing time with an umbrella...telling the children it's time to sing the raindrops away....each raindrop has a song on the back of it. After we sing through all the raindrops we will reveal a sun behind the clouds and end by singing "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam". Finally we will spend a few minutes going over our song for the month of January which is "I am a Child of God".
That's the plan. 30 minutes usually goes by quickly and I'm sure we have more than enough to fill the time this week. I really want the kids to enjoy singing and look forward to church on Sundays. By the way, this week church starts at 1pm. I'm glad we have more time to get the children ready ...however; it messes with nap time. These days, sleeping in a tad appeals to me.

No comments: